Welcome to the Revolution

Hi there, welcome to my blog - La Revolution Deux. It's an odd name - but I like it! Here you will find all the info on my various DIY Guitar effects builds, amplifiers and guitars. Everything from a humble Ibanez tubescreamer to the holiest KLON Overdrive.

You may also find a few effects builds that I am looking to move on - usually in exchange for other effects/gear/cash. You can always check my ebay account to see what I've got up for grabs.

Have fun, enjoy the blog - Fred Briggs :-)

CONTACT ME



Feel free to get in contact with me about anything you see on this blog or with any general questions about guitars, amplifiers and effects, I'll be happy to answer! Just click the button above to email me directly or alternately my email address is fredbriggs2007 [at] googlemail [dot] com

Search This Blog

Friday 3 February 2012

Dunlop - JH-F1 - Jimi Hendrix Fuzz Face


Jimi Hendrix, not much to say really. He invented guitar tone. Here's an offering from Dunlop that gives you the chance to recreate the awesome walls of fuzz carnage he used to create! Here's a gutshot:


And a video of this bad boy in action:


AnalogGuru traced the schematic here:


You can build it on any standard Fuzz Face PCB/Vero layout. Just make sure you make the correct parts substitutions. Here's a vero layout from Monkeyxx;


Have Fun, and make sure you play Voodoo Chile:


For more info on the Hendrix Fuzz Face check out the freestompboxes.org forum topic, there's loads of decent information there on building these things up and tweaking them about; http://freestompboxes.org/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1727

4 comments:

  1. having trouble trying to find a 470k log pot. does anyone know where to find one or if there is a substitute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. a 500k log pot will do the work fine too

    ReplyDelete
  3. I built this the other day, subbed a 500k log for the 470k log. Used BC108C's matched at 315 HFE. Also had to replace the 20k resistor for 4.7k at Q1 collector as the voltage was too low for me to achieve the suggested 1.35v. For the suggested 47p cap I had serious hissing/squealing when the fuzz was near max to max so I replaced it with 100p and all noise disappeared. Also cut the board size down a little. After all the testing it works. Don't know what the Dunlop build is supposed to sound like but this sounds really nice. So yeah it's great thanks for posting this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Schematic image doesn't work any more.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome on Revolution Deux. However, please do not spam links to unrelated sites - these comments will be removed! Thanks - Briggs.