Welcome to the Revolution

Hi there, welcome to my blog - La Revolution Deux. It's an odd name - but I like it! Here you will find all the info on my various DIY Guitar effects builds, amplifiers and guitars. Everything from a humble Ibanez tubescreamer to the holiest KLON Overdrive.

You may also find a few effects builds that I am looking to move on - usually in exchange for other effects/gear/cash. You can always check my ebay account to see what I've got up for grabs.

Have fun, enjoy the blog - Fred Briggs :-)

CONTACT ME



Feel free to get in contact with me about anything you see on this blog or with any general questions about guitars, amplifiers and effects, I'll be happy to answer! Just click the button above to email me directly or alternately my email address is fredbriggs2007 [at] googlemail [dot] com

Search This Blog

Saturday 18 February 2012

Barber - Dirty Bomb


Culturejam took one of these apart over at freestompboxes ages ago, I thought I'd add the project here just to keep things ticking.

Here's the description from the Barber website:

"Extremely versatile, high gain distortion, provides wider range of stellar tones.

From ultra chunky, to scooped and back to thick again.

Toggle switch selects mid range character for three distinct modes.

Sweet and powerful Vintage two band E.Q.

Internal adjustable Bass Boost for powerful sub frequencies.

True bypass footswitch delivers clarity when bypassed.

All hand wired in the USA, traditional award winning Barber layout and wiring.

Cascading FET circuit, with MOSFET distortion for incredibly realistic tube quality sounds. "

Ok, now here's an internal gutshot for you:


And a schematic drawn by Culturejam:


As you can see from the gutshot the build quality is top notch. However I'm not sure what they mean "by cascaded FETs". Hmm. It's basically a Marshall Shredmaster with Mosfet clipping diodes... 

It does sound nice though:


Now, what you need to do it go and build a Marshall Shredmaster with switchable diode clipping options..

Here's the freestompboxes.org forum topic for reference: http://freestompboxes.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5592

2 comments:

  1. Maybe because the TL074 has JFET inputs? I count three of those JFET's in series.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome on Revolution Deux. However, please do not spam links to unrelated sites - these comments will be removed! Thanks - Briggs.